Absolutely. Several non-pharmacological treatments can be effective in managing migraines:
· Biofeedback and relaxation training: This involves learning to control physiological functions to prevent headache triggers.
· Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT): Helps patients recognize and cope with stressors that might initiate or exacerbate migraines.
· Acupuncture: Some migraine sufferers find relief through acupuncture sessions.
· Dietary adjustments: Avoiding known food triggers can help reduce the frequency of attacks.
· Physical therapy: Especially if tension or musculoskeletal problems contribute to migraines.
· Massage therapy: Can help reduce the frequency of migraines by relieving muscle tension and stress.